Sunday, August 26, 2007

Post Modern Candle in the Wind



The creator of wondermark, David Malki, retired his newsprint stained whites this weekend. As the Comic Strip Doctor, Malki tended to his patients with a keen analytical mind. His prescriptions for the likes of Cathy, Shoe and Garfield were of course ignored by his patients and I am sure the sight of them hanging around in the Emergency room became quite depressing. Malki says,
I don't even read newspaper comics anymore. So it's been a bit hard to get into the swing of things; each time I had wanted to write a new column I found myself dredging through online archives looking for the worst examples of Ziggy or whatever, and that's not how I want to spend another Saturday, ever.
You will be missed, Doc.

wondermark.com
The Comic Strip Doctor

No comments: