Tuesday, December 11, 2007

The Slacker You Love to HATE!

The OverDrone presents another review of a book that has been out for some time. Not only that but this is a compilation of material originally published in the nineties. Why did I wait so long to review this? Well, I read Hate through out the nineties, not to mention Bagge's first series, Neat Stuff starring Girly Girl and Chucky Boy, thus I felt no need to purchase this volume immediately. My mistake...
Seeing all of these stories together illustrates Bagge's brilliance. Buddy, the New Jerseyite slackster develops into a real person in these issues. Lisa's later importance is deftly foreshadowed here, although I doubt even Bagge knew it at the time, and George, is it just me or does he seem way more interesting when presented en masse like this? If you don't know what I'm talking about you ought to purchase this fine book from Fantagraphics or you can buy it used from Amazon below.
Buddy Does Seattle


No comments: